Become a Tenant at SPARK
SPARK has established a stage by stage process for industries and non-industries to become Tenant at SPARK. The entire journey is referred as the Tenant Road Map and the main stages are described below. Each stage contains a step by step process with requirement and standard forms to be used. The Tenant Road Map is intended to provide guidance to the Tenant and allow to expedite the overall process. SPARK is committed to assist the Tenant at each stage of its journey.
Process A – Initial
- The Prospect is to express his interest in leasing a land within SPARK by sending a letter of intent (LOI), via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating its basic requirement: land size, type of activities and timing. Accordingly, SPARK representative will assist the Prospect in completing and submitting a Land Allocation Form (LAF). A lease agreement will then be signed between SPARK and the Prospect allowing him to proceed with the pre-design phase.
Process B – Pre design
- Upon signature of the Provisional lease, the Tenant is required to Hire a Consultant / Designer from the list of approved one (refer to the MODON list, Link below) and inform SPARK accordingly. An initial review meeting will be organized with all the stakeholders to confirm the understanding of the design requirements as well as the Tenant program. At this stage, the Tenant will be allowed to temporary access his Plot to perform only the surveys needed for his design stage (geotechnical, physical etc…). https://www.modon.gov.sa/en/CustomerService/PrequalifiedConsultancyFirms/Pages/default.aspx
Process C – Design
- This stage is composed of the Concept Design followed by the Detail Design. The Concept Design shall include the concept of all buildings, landscape, utilities, parking and all amenities required in line with SPARK Design Guidelines. The Tenant is required to present to SPARK its Concept Design during a formal presentation. It is imperative for the Tenant to obtain the formal approval from SPARK of his Concept Design prior proceeding with the detail one. Once the Detail Design is approved, the Tenant can proceed to the next step of his journey.
Process D – Permit
- The approval of the Detail Design will trigger the signature of the Lease Agreement by all parties and submittal of the Construction Permit by the Tenant. At this stage, the Tenant shall obtain and submit to SPARK all the required licenses from the governing authorities in order to be issued the Construction Permit. This includes but not limited to: final industrial license, environmental assessment, Food and Drugs authorities’ license etc…
Process E – Construction
- The Construction Startup is conditional of the appointment of the Site Consultant as well as obtaining the Construction Permit from SPARK. During Construction, SPARK will undertake several Hold Point Inspections that need to be successful to proceed with the subsequent activities. This is an addition to the inspections performed by the Site Consultant. Prior construction completion, the Tenant shall submit to SPARK its Final Industrial License. Once the construction is completed, all the inspections shall be collected, packaged and submitted to SPARK. Accordingly, the Tenant will proceed with the next and last step.
Process F – Occupancy
- At the initial stage of the Occupancy process, the Tenant can request the launch of the utilities and proceed with the internal testing and commissioning of its facility. The as-built shall be prepared as part of the testing and commissioning process. Upon issuance of the completion certificate by the Site Consultant, a final walkthrough with SPARK TFM provider will be organized. All comments raised by the TFM provider shall be implemented satisfactory until issuance of the approval certificate. SPARK will then issue the Occupancy Certificated and allow the Tenant to commence his activities.
Download The Land Application Form
The leasing journey is triggered by the submittal of the Land Application Form (LAF) by the Tenant. The Tenant is required to download the form that is applicable to its development type (Industrial or Non-Industrial) , diligently provide the required information and upload it when completed. The Tenant to contact SPARK for any query via e-mail Marketing@spark-ksa.com